A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a Realtor® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to Realtors® who have additional education on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPA’s, and elder law attorneys, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal, and emotional issues that accompany the sale or purchase of a home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging senior to remain in the home instead of selling.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex buying and/or selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale or purchase can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of the home to the needs of an older client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support.
- Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in other aspects of the move.